Healthy habits you can enjoy!
I am a registered dietitian nutritionist, a board-certified specialist in sports dietetics, certified medical exercise specialist, weight loss expert, and owner of Peak Performance, LLC located in Old Saybrook, Connecticut where I provide nutrition and fitness counseling in office or via Telehealth. I have over 25 years of experience. I believe in a realistic and non-judgmental approach to counseling using a combination of integrative functional nutrition (food as medicine), education for lifestyle behavior change, and natural approaches based on science for individuals who require improved energy, enhanced sports performance, nutrition for musicians, weight control, prevention or maintenance of obesity-related diseases (cholesterol, heart disease), and wellness.
I have worked on both the collegiate level including consulting for Smith College athletic department in Northampton, Massachusetts, as well as developing individual exercise and nutrition programs for a variety of clientele including professional athletes and musicians. I have consulted in fitness centers, wellness centers, private retreats, hospitals, schools, and rehabilitation centers throughout New England to develop specific nutrition programs for all ages, and I have written and provided lectures relating to sports nutrition, and nutrition-related diseases and prevention. I wrote and hosted a local health and fitness television series for Comcast Cable “Peak Performance”, and have been featured on Public Broadcasting System health programs, news media channels, and consulted as a source for several articles on topics of health and nutrition, as well as being a former columnist for Connecticut Watchdog “Ct Eat Well”. I have contributed to cookbooks for both recipes and analysis, professionally provided food labeling analysis for international corporations, and have written and provided education material for Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation and Together Counts.
Clients love the results
25 years of experience and practice
Office & Gym Areas
When you visit the office, you get the advantage of learning how to eat and properly exercise under one roof.
Education and Credentials
- Board Certified Sports Specialist in Dietetics (CSSD)
- D. Coordinated Undergraduate Program, Saint Joseph College, West Hartford, CT
- Bachelor of Science – Dietetics and Nutrition, Saint Joseph College, West Hartford, CT
- Graduate studies – University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT
- Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist with State of Connecticut (CDN)
- Certified with Commission on Dietetic Registration, Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (RDN)
- Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management, Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- American Council on Exercise Certified Medical Exercise Specialist (CMES), and Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- Internship Hospitals: Saint Francis, Hartford, Yale New Haven, UCONN Medical Center
- Cardiovascular Nutrition
- Diabetes Education
- Digestive Disorders
- Geriatric Nutrition/Clinical Long-Term Care Rehabilitation & Sub-Acute
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Intensive Lifestyle Modification Counseling
- Media – Radio/Television/Web
- Nutrition Software Diet Analysis
- Nutrition Writing & Recipe Development
- Personal Training/Weight Training
- Phytochemicals, Integrative Functional Foods
- Presentation Program Development
- Sports Nutrition & Nutrition for Musicians
- Weight Control/Obesity
Professional Associations and Leadership
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- Connecticut AND – Former State Policy Representative, and Former Bulletin Editor
- Dietitians in Integrative & Functional Medicine
- Sports, Cardiovascular, Wellness Nutritionists
- American Council on Exercise
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs
- Chamber of Commerce – Old Saybrook
Free Nutrition eBook!
Just subscribe to the newsletter
Get the newsletter:
Sign up for the newsletter and receive a FREE Nutrition eBook!