Healthy habits you can enjoy!
I am a registered dietitian nutritionist, a board-certified specialist in sports dietetics, certified medical exercise specialist, weight loss expert, and owner of Peak Performance, LLC located in Old Saybrook, Connecticut where I provide nutrition and fitness counseling in office or via Telehealth. I have over 25 years of experience. I believe in a realistic and non-judgmental approach to counseling using a combination of integrative functional nutrition (food as medicine), education for lifestyle behavior change, and natural approaches based on science for individuals who require improved energy, enhanced sports performance, nutrition for musicians, weight control, prevention or maintenance of obesity-related diseases (cholesterol, heart disease), and wellness.
I have worked on both the collegiate level including consulting for Smith College athletic department in Northampton, Massachusetts, as well as developing individual exercise and nutrition programs for a variety of clientele including professional athletes and musicians. I have consulted in fitness centers, wellness centers, private retreats, hospitals, schools, and rehabilitation centers throughout New England to develop specific nutrition programs for all ages, and I have written and provided lectures relating to sports nutrition, and nutrition-related diseases and prevention. I wrote and hosted a local health and fitness television series for Comcast Cable “Peak Performance”, and have been featured on Public Broadcasting System health programs, news media channels, and consulted as a source for several articles on topics of health and nutrition, as well as being a former columnist for Connecticut Watchdog “Ct Eat Well”. I have contributed to cookbooks for both recipes and analysis, professionally provided food labeling analysis for international corporations, and have written and provided education material for Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation and Together Counts.
Combined Work with Personal Activity and Passion
Through my years as a sports nutritionist, I have learned how activity impacts the nutritional needs of the body. As a former skier of 40 years, I increased my own knowledge about biomechanics and nutrition requirements by cycling long distances, running road races, rock climbing, hiking mountains, whitewater kayaking, golfing, sailing, and snowshoeing. Today I continue to sea kayak, weight train regularly for over 30 years, beach and trail run, and live the holistic lifestyle I teach including cooking, gardening, and developing recipes. And when time allows I enjoy playing guitar and writing lyrics, which leads me to be excited about working with a specialty niche in my practice that has taken four years to develop;
Nutrition for Musicians.
Musicians and vocalists, like athletes, have special nutrition needs related to their activity levels, body mechanics, and schedules that may increase energy requirements. Having a background in arts, media, and music prior to becoming a registered dietitian and sports nutritionist, I understand the demands of musicians, their schedules, and the impact it can have on one’s energy level. It is my goal to help musicians obtain their optimal energy level of performance through balanced nutrition. Nutrition for Musician Video series with Ebook is now available under the “shop” tab!
What is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist?
A Registered Dietitian Nutritionist is a trusted authority on a diet who is able to provide accurate, objective nutrition advice by separating the facts from the fads and “trendy diets”. In addition, Registered Dietitian Nutritionists can translate scientific research and findings into easy, understandable information. A Registered Dietitian Nutritionist is someone with at least five years of education and training from an accredited college or university in dietetics and nutrition. Training includes a variety of nutrition practices from treating medical illness and metabolic disorders in hospitals, to foodservice management, to culinary practices, to community service, research, and weight control. Registered dietitians specialize in particular areas of expertise, and also participate in continuing education classes to keep current on the latest developments in nutrition. Not all nutritionists are registered dietitians, but all registered dietitians are nutritionists!
Clients love the results
25 years of experience and practice
Office & Gym Areas
When you visit the office, you get the advantage of learning how to eat and properly exercise under one roof.
Education and Credentials
- Board Certified Sports Specialist in Dietetics (CSSD)
- D. Coordinated Undergraduate Program, Saint Joseph College, West Hartford, CT
- Bachelor of Science – Dietetics and Nutrition, Saint Joseph College, West Hartford, CT
- Graduate studies – University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT
- Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist with State of Connecticut (CDN)
- Certified with Commission on Dietetic Registration, Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (RDN)
- Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management, Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- American Council on Exercise Certified Medical Exercise Specialist (CMES), and Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- Internship Hospitals: Saint Francis, Hartford, Yale New Haven, UCONN Medical Center
- Cardiovascular Nutrition
- Diabetes Education
- Digestive Disorders
- Geriatric Nutrition/Clinical Long-Term Care Rehabilitation & Sub-Acute
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Intensive Lifestyle Modification Counseling
- Media – Radio/Television/Web
- Nutrition Software Diet Analysis
- Nutrition Writing & Recipe Development
- Personal Training/Weight Training
- Phytochemicals, Integrative Functional Foods
- Presentation Program Development
- Sports Nutrition & Nutrition for Musicians
- Weight Control/Obesity
Professional Associations and Leadership
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- Connecticut AND – Former State Policy Representative, and Former Bulletin Editor
- Dietitians in Integrative & Functional Medicine
Free Nutrition eBook!
Just subscribe to the newsletter
Get the newsletter:
Sign up for the newsletter and receive a FREE Nutrition eBook!